Can your family pay for their funeral?
Share this program:
October 27, 2020
Illinois Funeral Directors Association
Families are increasingly having more difficulty paying for their funerals. We will uncover how families are finding ways to pay for funeral services and how it is affecting funeral homes.
Course Outline and Objectives:
- Discuss national average funeral cost, industry changes, preferences and statistics
- Cremation and percentage of Americans who do not have cash reserves over $500
- Discuss how these challenges are affecting funeral arrangements and what methods families are using to pay for services
- Discuss an example of life insurance payment, procedures and scenarios
- Review industry statistics
- Offer solutions, review opportunities and ways to eliminate risks
- Solutions provided will not only be for funeral homes but also for families. Examples including how families can better maintain updates on their policies/beneficiaries, and questions families should be asking their insurance company to stay informed on their loved one’s polices, (any lapse in payment, payment holder information, premiums due etc.)
Program Titles and Supporting Materials
This program contains the following components:
If applicable, you may obtain credit in multiple jurisdictions simultaneously for this program (see pending/approved list below). If electing credit for this program, registrants in jurisdictions not listed below will receive a Certificate of Completion that may or may not meet credit requirements in other jurisdictions. Where applicable, credit will be only awarded to a paid registrant completing all the requirements of the program as determined by the selected accreditation authority.
How to Attend
Join the self-paced program from your office, home, or hotel room using a computer and high speed internet connection. You may start and stop the program at your convenience, continue where you left off, and review supporting materials as often as you like. Please note: Internet Explorer is no longer a supported browser. We recommend using Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari for best results.
You may access this course on a computer or mobile device with high speed internet (iPhones require iOS 10 or higher). Recommended browsers are Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.